Old 05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Phil L

Oxymel of Squill wrote:
:: he's a mad **** searching desperately for something novel to pad
:: out his column and secure a cheque. Might as well grow the toms in
:: pots.

It certainly isn't new, my dad was doing this twenty-odd years ago....you
are just adding extra growing space really and of course providing a
resevoir for water....can't say I noticed any difference in toms grown this
way and those planted straight into the bag, or even those planted in
buckets for that matter...what really makes a diference is toms planted
directly into 'virgin' soil (in a new greenhouse for example) - IME these
seem to go berserk!

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.