Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Phil L

Default raised bed edging

I have a yucca in my front garden which has grown very wide and tall, it's
now about 6ft high and the main trunk is 6 inches in diameter, in summer it
sends up huge stalks with pink flowers on and these reach another five feet
making it abut 11 ft in total during summer (I have no idea what it is
really, but it started at about six inches high 12 yrs ago)....anyhoo, it's
in a bed in the middle of the lawn and it's roots have started to show and
send up dozens of new shoots (these can be pulled off and chucked in some
compost and grow rapidly) - the bed is round and I'm having trouble cutting
the lawn around it, I want to put an edging in, something that I can strim
up to and also to hold in about 9 inches of soil, this will also make it
easier to water....I don't really want anything made from wood as it would
rot and to get it circular would be a PITA, I can't afford much as I'm a
registered miser...any ideas?

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.