Old 06-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maclaren
I have found that L. x tellmanniana and (to some extent) some others
suffer badly from this if in too much shade. I have sprayed with
toxic chemicals in some years and soft soap in others, and they are
about as ineffective as each other. What honeysuckle is it, and is
it in sun or shade?
I too have had probs with tellmanniana, my only suggestion is to use a systemtic insectidice as they last for a few weeks and kill off the aphid eggs too. only prob is I think they just kill the aphids and do nothing for mildew so you may want to spray for that too.

interesting that Nick believes they suffer in too much shade as i remember reading recently they also suffer if they get full sun as they get crisped in the heat of summer. perhaps a happy medium is whats needed