Old 06-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider
Then plant Clematis texensis 'Duchess of Albany' for July to
frosts blossom. This Clematis has lovely pendant tulip-like flowers with
recurved petals. In my garden it is always admired. I cut mine back to
9"-12" above ground in autumn and it comes back as a thicket of growth in
spring. I've never grown such a reliable Clematis as this before!
texensis are lovely clematis, long flowering period and easy to prune, personally i prefer the 'princess diana' variety to albany for the shape and colour of its flowers

if your looking for a fastgrowing, longe flowering purple clematis, try 'semu'. different pruning in that u just cut away stems down to new buds end of feb, but well worthwhile imo