Old 06-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Ros Butt

thanks for the help, I'll just plant it out when the time comes and see
what happens.

Ros

I have just bought on impulse, a "Ridge Cucumber" plant in the garden
centre, on the basis of remembering somebody telling me that they needed no
fertilisation. Upon reading my gardening bible when I got home it states
that fertilization IS important. Further reading suggests that some are
female and therefore apparently DON'T require fertilisation.

Unfortunately the label doesn't state what variety it is. I'm now more
than a bit confused! Can anybody advise what I should do. I've never
grown cucumbers before, only courgettes.

Many thanks
Ros
Chichester
West Sussex, UK.