Old 06-05-2005, 11:51 PM
michael wildey

Good evening Mark

This could be the tap root, cut it of as it will grow down wards and push
the tree up.

to seal the cut use a japanned cut paste.

All the best

Mick wildey.

"Mark Hill" wrote in message
T.COM...
Greetings All;

I have a Ficus Retusa that could stand re-potting.
Since the last potting two years ago it has grown quite nicely; however,

it
has developed a large secondary root growing directly underneath a surface
root.
This secondary root is now pushing the primary root out of the soil.
I've been considering removing one of the two roots.
Not sure which one.

Can anyone recommend the best method of removing a large root and sealing

it
against bad things?
And .... should I attempt this project this time of year ?
The tree seems healthy.

Thanks
Mark Hill - Harrisburg, PA - Zone 6

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++