Old 06-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
LARGE GOONER wrote:

The name of the honeysuckle is lonicera japonica and its situated in
sun with shade at the base .

Grrk. Well, it's not the same problem as with my L. x tellmanniana,
then.

My normal treatment of such things is to spray soft soap on the worst
infections and leave the others to ladybirds etc. But this is
Cambridge, where humidities are usually fairly low (by UK standards).

If your honeysuckle isn't exposed to the rain, then honeydew will
collect and get mildew. If THAT is the cause, the solution is to
wash it off with plain water, perhaps with a bit of detergent or
soft soap in.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.