Old 07-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Anil Kaushik

Mark

Yes, very much! I have done it many times on different species of Ficus as well as on Chinese elm. But I am not sure of the same in your climate. You can give it a try but it will be worth waiting for some time till the temperature goes up a few degrees more. However you may encounter a problem. Since the root will become the trunk, it will have a nice INVERSE TAPER! I do not know if such a tree exists in nature, but that is going to be a flaw as per the Bonsai RULE.

Tomorrow I will post a picture on the *Potensai Gallery* showing a Bonsai being trained from the tapered taproot of a Ficus.

Regards

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"