Old 07-05-2005, 05:48 PM
pammyT

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
news

I am sorry but the thought of any creature struggling to breath for
several
minutes while underwater turns my stomach.

You have absolutely no idea of the prcedure for disposing of vermin, when
I had to start dealing with these pests, I was concerned about the effect
it was having, so I timed it, it generaly takes less that ten seconds.

You are deluding yourself.It would be able to hold its breath, then even
after the first lungful of water it would be concious for some seconds. May
I suggest you hold your head in a bucket of water until your lungs are
bursting, then inhale some water, then come back and tell me is is painless
and humane. As I said before, I nearly drowned as a 9 year old child and it
was terrifying.The mere thought of it makes me take big gulps of breath just
to dispell the mental image.

This is nothing compared with the suffering this vermin makes when it

raids
birds nests.

You obviously hate the things because you are imagining things. When any
animal raids a birds nest it will take eggs and chicks, the chicks I would
assume die quickly from a bite or shock. Nothing compared to drowning. Cull
if you must but have the decency to do it quickly, painlessly and without
causing undue terror or suffering. You make it sound like you almost justify
causing suffering because they are so great a vermin.