Old 07-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Phil L

Mike Lyle wrote:
:: Phil L wrote:
:: [...]
::: Thanks but was trying not to spend much (if any!) money...I've
::: decided on roof slates about a foot wide and two foot long, buried
::: about a foot deep giving me a foot above ground? - I can get
::: slates for free and I'll only need about twenty, I'm just
::: wondering if they will effectively hold the soil back or if it
::: will leak through the gaps? - our soil is very fine and sandy.
::
:: Nice recycling! But one word of caution: a slate on edge in the
:: ground can give a nasty gash to anybody who happens to fall on it.
:: Opened a finger to the bone when I did it.
::

Cheers for the heads up, but I intend cutting them with my angle grinder so
that the tops are squared off...also there's not much chance of anyone
falling on them, the Yucca would have stabbed them to death first! - it's
leaf tips are like needles and rock hard!

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.