Old 08-05-2005, 05:09 PM
David Rance

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

Salvias by the looks of things ;-))

Didn't bother looking, well I couldn't actually see past all the
warnings on the screen.

Hang about: I don't think we should leave this untested. My Norton
hasn't shown anything, and I don't want to think it's missing a
threat. Can somebody more proficient check this and let us know,
please?

When I tried to open it a window opened saying trying to install which I
promptly closed and it then asked for my Windows Office Disc 1....and then a
few other windows opened as fast as I could close them. Weird!!!

There is a web site I found once which seems to do much the same. I was
guessing once at the name of a web site to do with the French composer
Louis Vierne. So I typed in www.vierne.com (or it may have been
www.vierne.fr - I can't remember) and I got a whole plethora of porno
popups which went on for minutes on end. Every time I deleted one,
another appeared. It seemed as though it would never stop. However what
I can say is that there was no virus involved.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK