Old 09-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Patrick Scheible

writes:

I have a small property and am running out of space for all the roses
that I want. If I use plant URNS to grow rose bushes within, how deep do
they -HAVE TO- be? I have 2 gallon (actually 9 qts), urns... (They have
worked swell for my miniatures but for a regular sized HT or
Florabunda)??
Thank you all again!

I would think that's a little small. Not that it would be impossible,
but you'd have to be especially careful about watering, and I wouldn't
expect them to be as vigorous or tolerant of diseases, pests, or
mistakes as they would be in the ground or bigger containers.

Half whiskey barrels work well. They probably hold 10 gallons or so.

-- Patrick