Old 09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from martin contains these words:

On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:24:33 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

It's worth having Google in your Favourites.

It's worth reading what others post too, sometimes.

I hear a distinct "Whoosh" sound, but fail to identify the FO.

I posted the link to the BBC site that described, what he was

asking
about. I won't trouble again.

From my news server, set to order threads chronologically:

The OP's question is datestamped 11.06 today and his second

post
at
13.34. By then, on my newsreader, 9 advice-responses had arrived

for
him to read through. Martin's link post date was 7th out of 9 .

Mike's googling post is dated by my server at 12.26 one minute
before Martin's website link post at 12.27 . Bear in mind that
usenet posts relay by different routes to and from different

servers,
and we don't all set our newsreader software the same way.

Just shows how odd Usenet can be. Gg timestamped Martin's just under
an hour before mine. I progressively delete blocks of read messages,
so I don't know where my OE/German combination put them; but I feel
sure I'd read Martin's before posting my entirely different (but, I
hope, also useful) answer. But I suppose it's possible I read it just
after posting: one can't swear to these things.

I imagine there'll be a reply via GardenBanter later in the week!
Then that bloke will flood us because he's heard Diarmuid isn't a
vegan.

--
Mike.