Old 09-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Phil L

Mike Lyle wrote:
:: Phil L wrote:
::: Mike Lyle wrote:
::::: Phil L wrote:

::: So?
::: My dad was a painter and decorator but he didn't pay the
::: government to pass a law stating that all DIY decorating should
::: be banned.
::
:: You are certainly far too intelligent to imagine that I'm not
:: intelligent enough to see why that's a load of dulux. So who is
:: your target audience?
::

I don't know what your talking about here - I'm saying that DIY is a
free-for-all, whether it's decorating the lounge or taking cuttings from
your neighbours plants.

::: You have to be a qualified electrician to do electrical work and
::: be a member of 'FENSA' to replace glass...
::
:: Where? Since when? By whose rules?
::

In the UK. since April 2002. Building regulations.
http://www.fensa.co.uk/homeowners.html

:::
::: Why? - if I've had fuchsias growing for the past 20 years and
::: decide to flog 12 dozen cuttings to the corner shop, what harm
::: has been done? - his regular supplier has lost a few quid?
::
:: Again, if you follow urg you're surely far too intelligent to
:: imagine that that is what plant breeders' rights are about. So why
:: say it?

Err..I'm fairly new here and haven't got a clue what plant breeders rights
are, if they are anything like songwriters' copyrights etc, then I don't
think they have a leg to stand on, once something (whether it's Elton's new
track or a brand new bloom) is out 'in the wilderness', it's a free-for-all
again - you can't stop people from collecting seeds or taking cuttings so
why try?

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.