Old 10-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Brent Walston

Marty

Seed that ripens in the spring should be sown immediately and not dried
or stored. The best example I know of is Acer rubrum, which if dried for
very long, will not germinate. I used to collect seed just about the
time it would begin to drop from the tree, soak it and sow it
immediately and got excellent germination.

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

MartyWeiser wrote:

Kev - I agree with you about seed that matures in the fall (planting and
leaving outside works best for me). But what about seed that matures in the
spring and early summer? It seems to me that I get lots of seedlings
associated with that seed drop a few weeks after they fall. - Marty

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++