Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Mike Lyle

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:06:36 GMT, Alan Holmes wrote:

One problem here is that you need a gun licence to shoot the

things,

For an air pistol? Even a small one is plenty powerful enough from
6". Pin the little bar steward down with a stick through the cage
bars to stop it leaping about and blat...

You might, just, be able to stop it leaping about, but it would

still
wriggle about which would prevent you getting a clear shot, the
chances are high that all you would do is to wound it, which would
cause it greater pain.

And, to be serious, I'm told you need to wear a suit of armour if
you're contemplating handling one. Apparently they can leave the
hands and arms with quite a bit to remember them by.

After all that, you may or may not feel like eating it: I'm quite
anxious to try. A rather oily meat, somebody said on Radio 4; but I
bet it's low-cholesterol.

--
Mike.