Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Mike Lyle

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:06:36 GMT, Alan Holmes wrote:

One problem here is that you need a gun licence to shoot the

things,

For an air pistol? Even a small one is plenty powerful enough from
6". Pin the little bar steward down with a stick through the cage
bars to stop it leaping about and blat...

You might, just, be able to stop it leaping about, but it would

still
wriggle about which would prevent you getting a clear shot, the
chances are high that all you would do is to wound it, which would
cause it greater pain.

And, to be serious, I'm told you need to wear a suit of armour if
you're contemplating handling one. Apparently they can leave the
hands and arms with quite a bit to remember them by.

After all that, you may or may not feel like eating it: I'm quite
anxious to try. A rather oily meat, somebody said on Radio 4; but I
bet it's low-cholesterol.

--
Mike.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Alan Holmes

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Alan Holmes wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:06:36 GMT, Alan Holmes wrote:

One problem here is that you need a gun licence to shoot the

things,

For an air pistol? Even a small one is plenty powerful enough from
6". Pin the little bar steward down with a stick through the cage
bars to stop it leaping about and blat...

You might, just, be able to stop it leaping about, but it would

still
wriggle about which would prevent you getting a clear shot, the
chances are high that all you would do is to wound it, which would
cause it greater pain.

And, to be serious, I'm told you need to wear a suit of armour if
you're contemplating handling one. Apparently they can leave the
hands and arms with quite a bit to remember them by.

To true, I've been close, but fortunately not that close, but I
certainly wouldn't want to have one any nearer.

Peple have absolutely no idea of how vicious they can be.

After all that, you may or may not feel like eating it: I'm quite
anxious to try. A rather oily meat, somebody said on Radio 4; but I
bet it's low-cholesterol.

I have thought about it, but those whp fall into my traps don't seem
to be large enough to want to bother with.

I prefer to catch the females, as one of those dead means about 300
less within a couple of years.

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I prefer to catch the females, as one of those dead means about 300
less within a couple of years.

Probably more effective (to get the vet) to castrate any males you catch
and then (contrary to the law) release them.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/