Old 10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 9 May 2005 21:14:49 -0700, "robv60" wrote:

Well, ok. I have had lots of trouble keeping water in the pond since my
wife and I cleand the pond. I ran some plumbing through the side of the
pond which involved us busting out and patching the concrete that forms
the pond. I have gone back and re-sealed the concrete where the pipes
were ran with hydraulic cement. This seems to have slowed the drainage
somewhat. Even still, I am still losing somewhere between 1/4 - 1/2
inch of water daily.

Depending on your location, this may not be unreasonable to evaporation.

If you lose more when the waterfall is on, I'd suspect something between
pond exit to waterfall to re-entry.

Or could it be splash? At the demo. pond we lose a lot to splash and even
more on windy days when it blows the waterfall to the side. But not in the
1-2 inches per hour you mention. I think you need to check the plumbing out
of the pond, not the pond itself. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~