Old 11-05-2005, 10:04 AM
pete

pete wrote:
I can't directly relate to the
procedures they are using, reading an old -ish Stock Journal a farmer is
applying 2T/HA of Gypsum onto very clayey and saline paddocks which
increases his DSE from 1 DSE/8HA to 4DSE/HA !!!! now thats a huge
difference and it's improving the moisture retention of the clay soils
by enabling the particles to form colloidal (help spell checker) mass
.... rather than minute particles that form a dense clod.

oops I meant to add here ... that I havent got the means to buy, spread
and dig in those sorts of amounts of gypsum even though I KNOW it would
help greatly .. so while I know Gyspum is great for clay soils and I'm
impressed with this farmers results ... I'm more interested in creating
a living soil structure by more modest means, (read cheap here).

Pete