Old 11-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Ben

Thanks for the opinions. I've got another orchid nearby, so I'll be a bit
more sparing with the watering in future.

cheers
Ben
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I hope someone out there can help me with my orchid problem. I have had
a phalaenopsis orchid for about 6 months. It has two stems about 40cm
long. When I got it it had plenty of leaves, but now they have all
dropped off. One by one they went yellow and fell off. At the same time
I have been trying to get rid of some tiny white bugs that are crawling
around in the charcoal chips (less than 1mm long)

Despite all these problems, while it had one leaf left, the orchid
valiantly grew 6 flower buds. One opened but then the last leaf fell
off and now the flowers and buds are shrivelling. Is this then end of
my orchid or is there something I can do to bring it back?

thanks for your advice
Ben