Old 12-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Bob Walsh

Ben,

Also avoid water in the crown of the plant, especially in the evening and
after dark. The new leaves grow from there and if it rots you'll be in the
same fix as you are now.

Bob
wrote in message
rg...
On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:36:57 +0100 in
Ben wrote:
Thanks for the opinions. I've got another orchid nearby, so I'll be a bit
more sparing with the watering in future.

Keep in mind that watering preferences vary quite a bit by genus
and potting medium.

I have several ontolezia and rodrumnia that are very happy with me
turning on an ultrasonic humidifier upwind of them before I go to bed
to a few nobile type dendrobiums that are currently watered whenever it
rains.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil