Old 12-05-2005, 03:47 AM
George

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Would it be cheaper in the long run just to line the pond? What type of
sealer? UGL Drylok?

Unless there are serious cracks, it should be cheaper to seal the concrete. Any
new concrete that is going to be submerged in the water should be sealed after
it is cured to prevent water absorption, and to prevent leaching of lime and
possibly metals into the pond water. There are several products on the market.
In the UK, they use Blagdon Pool Glaze. Note that this product is designed for
new ponds under construction. It will kill any existing wildlife during use so
do not use on stablished ponds without first removing all pondlife. I think
that you will find this to be the case with most sealants.

http://www.arghamvillage.co.uk/products/details/7.html

You can probably find a product that is safe to use at a paint dealer or home
supply.

On the other hand, if you already have plants and fish, and need to fix this
problem fast, a liner may be the way to go, but they can be expensive. My pond
is 12'x4'x45" and the liner cost about $300.

I hope this helps. Good luck.