Old 12-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Derek Broughton

nemo2 wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:36:30 GMT, "Alex Woodward"
wrote:

Are there any water lilies that would be ok to plant at a depth of 80 cm
in the UK, or is this far to deep?

I'm sur e that I've seen some that could be planted to 36" (91cm), but
don't remember the name of the fully. I saw a programme the other day
that suggested starting off the lilies in shallow water then gradually
moving them to deeper water/

Starting them off in shallow water just gives you a bit of a head start -
the water will tend to be a bit warmer at this time of year and the light
is stronger at the surface, so it's like starting a plant in a greenhouse.
--
derek