Old 13-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Jim Lewis

AGrid wrote:
Hi fellow Bonsai growers.
I have just brought 7 Japanese purple Maple trees and want to put them in a
pot and create a forest look.
I live in south australia and they are coming in to dormant time now,and
have not put them in pot yet.(presently in 6 inch put each)
My questions a What size pot can I put them in to get the affect.?
When is the best time to pot them?(early spring?)
I am only new to bonsai and trying to get all the info so I don't kill them.
Thank you to everyone in advance
Grid.

Whoa! Slow down. You have lots of time, so spend some of
it on learning before you leap. I'm sure you don't want to
kill those maples.

Dunno where you are in Australia, but there are a good
number of bonsaiests there and several bonsai clubs. Find
one and join.

It's going to be next to impossible to design a forest bonsi
via e-mail, but real help from folks who live where you are
may not be too far away.

Good luck.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature