Old 13-05-2005, 01:10 PM

In a message dated 5/12/05 9:23:57 AM, SteveWachs writes:
Seiju is a sport of Yatzabutza and I think Seiju is a better tree to work
with.

Where did you get that information? Everything I have read indicates that
'Seiju' is a sport of 'Hokkaido.' It turned up in the Seiju-En Nursery in
California. I don't recall the date, some time in the late 20th Century.

I also seen Cork bark elms in nurseries right or wrong*labelled as Nire

I have also had people swear to me that U. parvifolia 'Fuiri' was "Nire," due
to miscommunication with Japanese growers. Unfortunately, the laws in some
states, requiring nursery stock to be true to name, do not include pot plants.
Iris
We had a killing frost last night. Now I have to go put all the orchids &
tender bonsai back outside. ;-(

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++