Old 13-05-2005, 10:42 AM
dusty

wrote in
:

Grammatophyllum

WOW! Great growing.
I have 3 plants. they are in my greenhouse east central Missouri with lots
of Cattleyas, they are planted in sphagnum moss and everything gets watered
twice a week for 5 minutes using an automatic system. Temperature at night
is 65 F day time temperatures can run above 80 F even with vents open in
winter as I have a high solar gain. The greenhouse gets shaded by a tree
in summer and with plastic lattus in spring & fall.
Neither has bloomed since they where given to me but they are starting
their fist new growths since I got them. I'm sure sphagnum contains very
few nutrients and I'm wondering what fertilizer to use. I currently use the
OTC stuff that every Tom, Dick and Harry store carries which seems to work
well with Cattleyas but I only feed them once a month.
I've used Google to try to find culture sheets but so far I've only found
pay sights with Grammatophyllum information.

Thanks for the reply
Dusty