Old 13-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jupiter contains these words:

The problem with an air-gun is that you need a back-stop (unless your
garden is hundreds of yards long. What's behind your cherry tree?

Plum and pear trees, then about 30 feet of open space, a pond, a 2
metre wooden fence and the end wall of a house. Probably unsuitable
unless I got above the cherry tree by utilising a bedroom.

I could only use my airguns from an upstairs window or the
bathroo^H^H^ablutions block roof (
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/hsefront.jpg ) - my garden's a
longish, thin strip with (ATM) some small cypress trees at the bottom,
and beyond that, off the loke, a loakling which I can't see on account
of the conifers, and on which I could very easily shoot my neighbours'
children as they play should a pellet go beyond my boundary.

In fact, I've only fired an air gun once on the property, and that was
to plug a rat which made the mistake of observing meticulous
timekeeping, so I was able to set an ambush (seeds available on
request...) with a pump-up air pistol.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/