Old 14-05-2005, 02:13 AM

Yeak I just came back from the neighbors from doing my spring rhizome
severing. I kicked over a few yellowgroove shoots fat as half dollars
and stomped a sharpened spade through the turf where they had escaped
to about every foot or so. The shoots are pretty tasty and the neighbor
doesn't go pesticidal with turf chemicals. While I was there I dropped
a little mushroom compost on the spots along the way in her lawn that
needed help. Now if there was a perennial bed there I probably would
have annoyed her but it's just turf grass and we get along pretty well.
You have 2 choices, contain it or control it, mine just happened to
find a few cracks in a retaining wall so I went to control it.