Old 14-05-2005, 04:17 AM
J Fortuna

Burr,

Is it a Paph or a Phrag that you are wanting?

If it is a Paph, treat it exactly like you treat your Phals and it'll be
happy. Same light level, same watering rules, same temp, same everything. My
understanding is that Paphs with mottled leaves are easier than ones without
markings on the leaves, or at least the mottled leaved ones need less light,
plus the mottled leaves are really neat. I used to be a Phal only person,
and first got tempted into buying a Paph in January 2004. There was
absolutely no learning curve from Phal experience, and my first Paph is now
in bloom for the 3rd time already.

Phrags are different enough that I will have to adjust a bit now that I have
one. If it's a Phrag that you saw and want, someone else better tell you
what to do, since I am new to them myself. :-)

Joanna

wrote in message
I saw a slipper orchid the other day and now want to buy it. I have
phals. but that's it. Any advice on how to care for it when I get it?
Thanks......Burr