Old 15-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Snooze

"keith_nuttle" wrote in message
I have a pond that consist of three basins. Water is pumped to the top
pool and then comes down to the lower pools through sluices. I finally got
the pond operating and the leaks minimized, when my wife decided we needed
fish. We placed the fish in the middle pool, when the pond is operation
the fish get caught in the current and carried to the lower pools.

The sluices are about 12" long, the width of a 2X8. The water is between
1" and 2" deep depending whether it is from the upper pool or the middle
pool.

How can I contain the fish in the middle pool?

Every thing I have thought of either does not work or creates a dam,
upsetting the dynamics of the pool.

Try putting a screen infront of the sluice to keep the fish out. You can get
plastic netting or screening from a hardware store, the kind used to keep
leaves out of roof gutters. Maybe a strawberry basket?

-S