Old 14-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Alan Holmes

"BAC" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

I follow a procedure which is laid down by a governmenr department

called
The Forestry Commission, if you have any problems with that procedure I
suggest instead of trying to slag people off here, you contact them and
put your concerns to them.

You are advocating drowning, which does not appear to be advocated by
the Forestry Commission in any of its currently applicable documents
referring to grey squirrel control.

What sensible/practical method do they now suggest is the way to despatch
them?

If you have read the pdf document linked to my response to Kay's message,
you will know the two methods recommended by the FC are either
administation
of a lethal blow to the head with a blunt instrument, or transportation to
vet for humane destruction. No mention of drowning, in fact they recommend
that no means of destruction other than those I've just mentioned should
be
attempted.

I cannot see how it is possible to get close enough to kill with a blow to
the head.

And who will be expected to pay the vet for despatching the vermin?

Should I take rats and mice to the vet to kill them?

Is this covered by the council tax?