Old 15-05-2005, 01:51 PM
~roy~

SCUBA diving gear! ;-)
I have lillys in some deep water and a natural pond.

Most times I do not mind crawling into the water and doing what needs
to be done, but sometimes I prefer to stay dry.
I have used a piece of thinwall conduit (EMT) as well as a piece of
1/2" or larger PVC pipe long enough to reach the bottom. Postion the
EMT or PVC , place spike or tablet in the upper end, and use a dowel
or bamboo garden type stake to push thre spike or tablet down through
the pipe and into the dirt.........

The farmers Co-Ops around here sell a plastic bolus gun for under
$2.00. which is about 16" long I bet one of those could easily be
adapted to make it longer and it would be the perfect tool to insert
fertilizer tablets etc into plants in deeper water. May have to check
one out come Monday and see what it would take to make it longer.