Old 06-03-2003, 10:19 PM
michele

Default double Jackmanni - help! :-)

My former co-worker referred to it as a double jackmanni - she may
have been wrong. She said it gets white flowers that are 8 to 12"
big. Does anyone know what this may be - she said it was a clematis.
I want to put together a white garden and she said it was spectacular.
Unfortunately she has now sold the house and move out of state...

Pam wrote in message ...
There is a C. jackmanii 'Alba' that will often throw double flowers in
its first bloom flush. Most good clematis mail order sources should
offer it - not all that uncommon. Very vigorous, very easy to grow.

pam - gardengal

Tracey wrote:

where I might be able to purchase a double white jackmanni.

Double white jackmanni what? I'm probably wrong, but the
only jackmannii I know of is the Clematis jackmannii and
it's not double and it's not white.

Tracey