Old 15-05-2005, 05:15 PM
eurekaoz

Yeah I asked her if she was confusing it but she was adamant that it was
GCP. I have learnt not to argue with her when she is so 'certain' (in-law
diplomacy grin)

I was quite surprised by her statement also as I would never have planted it
if I thought it would run. I suspect the palms she had at her place that
'ran' may have been seeds from a palm germinating. or perhaps small bamboo
shoots that looked like small palms at the time they were destroyed.

Chris
--
Subsido ergo sum. I lurk therefore I am.

"len gardener" wrote in message
from qwaht i read it would definately appear they are not realy
referring to golden can palms they simply don't do that maybe confused
with bamboo as ant has suggested.

len

On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:06:21 +1000, "ant"
wrote:

eurekaoz wrote:
(after a wind-up from the MIL god bless
her...) that their roots may affect my foundations and also that she
swears that they have *runners* and spread that way.

Are you sure she didn't think it was Bamboo?!

--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before

you send.