Old 06-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Daryn

Default SNAILS on plants

Let me amend my statement, please change
"my yoyos don't bother the plants at all"
"yoyos don't eat the plants at all, but they dig them up quite often"

"kush" wrote in message
I have two lohachatas who used to specialize in uprooting plants,
particularly newly planted vals, sags and stem cuttings. I exiled them to

2 1/2 gallon nursery tank for a couple of months and they've been much
better behaved since I let them come home.

Daryn wrote in message
news
Yoyo loaches (lohachata botia) ate my tank clean of snails and don't

bother
the plants at all (java fern, dwarf sagittaria, ozelot sword). I'm

breeding
snails in another tank because my yoyos eat them too fast. And the yoyo

are
lots of fun to watch (like fishy kittens).

"Greg Dalton" wrote in message
I picked up some snails on the last introduction of plants into the
tank...

What are some good fish that I can add (or one fish) that will eat the
snails but leave
the plants alone??

Thanks