Old 16-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Katra

In article ,
jOhN wrote:

My wife liked passion flower so I planted one about 15 years ago. Now
that it's popping up as far as 50ft from the original and grows visibly
day to day I look at it a wee bit differently.

I probably pull 200-300 "pop-ups" a growing season these days to keep my
house from being featured on Ripley's Believe It Or Not. It is mixed
extensively with a bunch of crossvine so something like roundup is
pretty hard to apply to any effect.

ROFL!!! I'm beginning to suspect I might end up with the same problem!
I swear this stuff is going to be as bad as Kudzu...

We have reached a mutual understanding....it grows where it wants and I
try to keep it from taking over the world. Thank Mother Earth it freezes
back each year.

Funny, I almost titled that post "The alien vine that ate my yard". ;-D

Aside from the showy and exotic flowers it has the benefit of attracting
a specific orange and black butterfly in quantity.

Now THAT I am looking forward to! It is blooming very well now with only
a few actually blooming per day, but has hundreds of buds promising
more. I only planted 2 vines late last summer. This is, with the
exception of wild Muscadine grape, the most invasive plant I've ever put
in even over and above the Confederate Jasmine!
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain