Old 12-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Hydrangeas

In article , Pete The Gardener
writes
On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:29:11 -0000, "Bevan Price"
wrote:

Unfortunately, it now seems to be approaching the end of its life - last
year there were just a handful of flowering stems. I tried taking cuttings
and one appeared to take root but did not survive more than a few months.
If there is any growth this year, has anyone suggestions about how to be
more successful in taking cuttings that will thrive, please ?

If you're having trouble with cuttings you could always try a layer or
two, I find hydrangeas layer remarkably easily, even when I don't
particularly want them to.

After I have pruned mine in the spring I often use the branches as 'pea
sticks'. Invariably several of them strike!
Just stick a load of twigs in the ground sometime towards the end of
March and you will end up with several new plants )

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,