Old 16-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Mike Lyle

Sue Begg wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
I couldn't beleive this when I saw it today! - a single

pelargonium
left over from last spring (April '04!) is still alive....[...]
been there for 14 months without any water or very little sunlight
and I noticed today that it has put on a bit of greenery! - I'm
going to put it into a 9" pot on it's own and put it into full sun
tomorrow, if it's survived a winter without any food or water I
think it deserves it!

I once put a small potted honeysuckle into the oven to save space

in
the removal van. The cooker went into storage in the new garage and
was forgotten about for a year. Upon tidying the garage I found

that
the forgotten pot inside the oven was full of growth. Placed the

pot
outside in the sun, gave it a drink and it romped away.

Heart-warming stories! Wouldn't the survivalist pelargonium be better
in a smaller pot, though? Unless it's made a lot of root, how about a
four-inch pot to start with?

(Over-size potting makes me think of Franz: anybody know anything? I
emailed a while ago, but no response. It seems nobody on sci.physics
has any information, either.)

--
Mike.