Old 16-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Dominic-Luc Webb

Default tomatillos and hot peppars

I am curious about other people's experience with growing in
common home gardens the vegetables indicated above. I am near
Uppsala, Sweden, so conditions are not favorable.

I am hoping for tips on the use of bone and other sources of
Ca2+, for instance. My location is former tributary to the
Baltic Sea, and is basically entirely clay. The pH is a bit
acidic, around 5.5 to 6.0, as I am told from others.

If I treat the soil, can/should I treat this the same as for
hot peppars (Habanero, serano, jalapeno, etc), or do these
need something totally different?

For fertilizers, we have good access to horse maneur in hay,
which seems to work with other unrelated plants, onions, garlic,
pumpkins, etc.

I am mostly done building a greenhouse, but certainly welcome
pointers about optimal design.

Suitable web links, books, and your comments will be much
appreciated....

Dominic