Old 17-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:00:16 -0400, "Chas Hurst"
wrote:

Last fall I murdered my lawn with roundup, roto-tilled it and had it
smoothed out by a rock hound. I planted a mix of blue grass, fesque, and
perenial rye that is the house blend from a local lawn and garden store.
It's been fertilized with 10-10-10 and well watered and for the most part
the lawn is absolutely beautiful. BUT, there are some spots that are thin
and the grass is not lush like the rest of the lawn. I'm not sure what to do
here. Some suggestions please, this is in SE PA.

Chas Hurst

Check out the ph factor. Likely some aeration and lime would do the
trick.

You could try a Jerry Baker tonic that is a mix of 1 can beer, 1 cup
ammonia, one can cola, and 1 cup lemon scented liquid dish soap.
A little epsom salts (1/2 cup) wouldn't hurt either with a 1/2 cup of
fish fertilizer. Put it in a 20 gal hose sprayer and soak it in.

Thunder