Old 17-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Dominic-Luc Webb

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Ottawa wrote:

I am trying to plant cherry tomatoes for the first time. I bought littke 8"
plants and now have to do something with them. What do I need to do?

This starts to cut into my thus far un answered tomatillo questions....

I would expect that as a near relative of the tomatillo, factors such
as temperature, soil pH and texture, fertilizer (type, amount and timing)
are amongst the concerns.

Too little fertilizer ives poor growth, too much gives excessive
foliage rather than fruit. I am guessing Ca2+ and phosphate are just
as critical as nitrogen, and pH should be close to 7.0.

Dominic