Old 17-05-2005, 06:00 PM
BenignVanilla

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond. The minnows spawned at the
same time so it's quite the symphony of wriggly
black tadpoles and teensy gold or black minnows.

On the down side, I lost one of my oldest
shubunkin (different pond) - only about 4 years
old but that's as long as I've had ponds - and I
don't know why. I was cleaning the filter yesterday
and spotted it lying on its side in front of the tank,
mostly dried out so it had been dead for awhile.
Last time I saw it, probably only a few days ago,
it looked fine.

We're not quite there yet. But last year's bull's are HUGE!!!!

--
BV
http://www.iheartmypond.com