Old 18-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Rolling Thunder

On 18 May 2005 05:36:29 -0700, wrote:

You didn't say where you're located, but for most of the US, now is not
the time to be seeding. I'd deal with the weeds, fertilize, adjust PH,
aerate, etc now. Then in early Sept I'd do the reseeding with a slice
seeder. Fall is the best time to seed, followed by early spring.
You're outside both those windows now, which means higher temps and
more weed competition, both of which make it difficult to establish new
seed.

I'd even wait on the aerating as that would allow more weeds. Just
control the weeds best you can and get the ph factor in line. Then
this fall, aerate and seed. Getting your ph factor in line will help
with some of the weeds too.

Thunder