Old 18-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Heidi the Horrible

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Thanks for the advice, I am in upstate NY. I live in a very rural area
and for the first time I have access to an aerator that I don't have to
travel 100 miles to get. I guess I will aerate and battle the weeds for
now and take your advice on either seeding this fall or next spring.
There are a few areas that I will try to get growing but they are
relativley small. I bought the house a few years ago and just haven't had
the time to put into the lawn but it is more weeds than grass at this
point.

I think you can still seed in upstate NY if you do it soon, esp if you are
above 1000 ft in elevation and don't mind occassional sprinkler dragging.

You might nuke the really bad weed areas with roundup and just kill the
existing grass (collateral damage). You can roundup today and seed
tomorrow. Actually, the farmers near me kill and seed at the same time.

If the weeds aren't too bad, then overseed now and weed kill carefully
during a cool stretch in summer and overseed thin spots in Sept.

My $.02 worth.

HtH