Old 18-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Steveo

"Dwayne" wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I am in upstate NY. I live in a very rural area
and for the first time I have access to an aerator that I don't have to
travel 100 miles to get. I guess I will aerate and battle the weeds for
now and take your advice on either seeding this fall or next spring.
There are a few areas that I will try to get growing but they are
relativley small. I bought the house a few years ago and just haven't
had the time to put into the lawn but it is more weeds than grass at this
point.

You'd be better off renting a slice seeder for your job, instead of an
aerator when you're ready to git er dun. You can aerate first before
slice seeding if you really want to give it a running start, but the
slice seeder will increase your germination much more than an aerator.