Old 11-02-2003, 01:25 AM
John Hines

Default Bottom Contours

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

Is it an exercise in futility?
Is there a best way to dump into/pull from a VF?

For $150 at my local home center I got a 300 gal Rubbermaid stock tank.
Makes a no brainer VF, and has a bottom drain built in.

Actually, I got the 150 gal tank to use as my filter, and plan to use
the 300 gal tank as an "holding" tank for when I rebuild the pond, as
well as holding and/or hospital tank in the future.

I pump the water into the filter, into the bottom, and let the water
flow up through the filter media, and flow out through a bulkhead
fitting (aka toilet flange).

That the filter is up from the pond, will help with my water fall.