Old 19-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Kitsune Miko

I am in zone 9 and maples do fine here in CAlifornia.

Kits
--- Jim Lewis wrote:
Beau wrote:
Thanks for replying. I've gotten most of what I

have from the local
sources. They don't provide much more than

extremely popular
(therefore easily saleable) landscape items. I'm

just trying to
locate, for instance, a place with a good variety

of maples in any
stage of development.
Beau

WWW.MOUNTAINMAPLES.COM is the best source I know of
for
maples. Your major problem is that Zone 9 is pretty
warm
for almost all maples. A. palmatum will NOT thrive
in those
climates -- at least not in pots.

The trident maple probably will do OK, but no better
than that.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -
Nature
encourages no looseness, pardons no errors. Ralph
Waldo Emerson

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue
Crabtree++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott