Old 06-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Alison

Default Mloehills and Microwaves

"david" wrote in message
Have finally got round to using my Microwave to sterilise some soil from
molehills to use in potting compost.
Has anyone else tried this. just wondering on cooking time.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

But what about all the nice earthy things that will get cooked also? If a
mole has brought this earth up from way below, what might need to be
sterilised out of it? Not weed seeds anyway. I think that moles only like
good earth so presumably that balance between goodies and baddies is under
control already.... but I'm keen to learn in case I'm missing a trick (just
can't bear to think that a worm gets nuked in the microwave)

--A