Old 20-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Reel McKoi

"George" wrote in message
news:XCgie.1410$V2.86@attbi_s72...
If there are no adults in the pool, they would likely venture out into

open
water. If adults are in the pool, they will stay in a sheltered area

until they
get much larger. I'm not saying that it isn't possible for them to get

caught in
a filter, but if you arrange things in the pond in a way that keeps them

away
from that filter, you shouldn't have any problems. My pre-filter is far

away
from the sheltered areas, so I've never seen any fry get in it.

The koi fry are growing much faster than the GF fry. There have been no
more fry deaths since the weather settled and the water temps are more
stable. I still don't have the room to raise them all unless I either
install another pond (not gonna happen) or I buy more kiddy pools.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)