Old 20-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Nina

I agree with Billy about the aphids and fungus gnats; I just want to
point out that while fungus gnats are relatively harmless to adult
plants (although an indicator of too-wet conditions), their larvae can
damage young seedlings. They feed on young roots and in seedlings, can
damage the stem.

I would plant seeds in BIG pots, which are easier to water than *tiny*
pots (which are either too wet or too dry). When the seedlings are big
enough, I'd then transplant each to its own pot.

-Nina

2. I'm also noticing these bugs in my trays and tiny pots that I'm

trying
to propogate seeds in. Can these bugs become a problem because I

actually
have a few seeds beginning to sprout and the are becoming seedlings?